Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Getting more than what you want

While surveying for the Nikon D50 last week, non of the camera store that I visited has a stock. The D50 must be extinct, I said to my wife. At that moment my selection is down to Nikon D70/s or the new D80 which is far over my budget. What should I do.

As we walk through all the camera store in Sg Wang and BB plaza, we end up to a store, the last store of the day, and we ask for the D50. Of course there is no stock but then we saw the D70s kit box with the price tag RM3999. So we start to walk away, but stopped by the taukey, (I classify this type of store as the Otai store, due to the age of the owner - must be grandpa age).

"Are you a student", I'll give a special price for a student. My wife node and she bargain the price down tu RM3200. And the rest is history.

What we can learn from all this?
  • If you plan to buy anything in Sg Wang area, you must bargain at least from 50% lesser from the display price.
  • I just found a new camera store at pudu plaza. Sound very famous.
  • Sometime things can turn out not as planned.

No comments: